Fiber optic adapter is also called fiber optic coupler. It is used to provide a cable to cable fiber connection. People sometimes also name them to be mating sleeves and hybrid adaptors. Mating sleeves means this fiber optic adapter is used to connect the same type fiber optic connectors, while hybrid adaptors are the fiber optic cable adaptor types used to connect different kinds of fiber optic connectors.
Bare fiber adaptors provide a simple and effective way to use unterminated fibers with commercial receptacles. Simply strip, clean and deave your fiber and insert into the bare fiber adaptor. They are recommended for power meter connections, temporary system repairs or wherever a quick fiber connection is required.
FiberStore has recently improved the bare fiber adaptor design to now use a magnetic clamping mechanism. The new design gently yet firmly holds the fiber in place without harming soft acrylate coatings, and is even easier for operators to use. The magnetic damp applies to stress to the fiber, which makes it ideal for PM fiber related measurements including extinction ratio (ER), polarization dependent loss (PDL) and polarization mode dispersion (PMD).
Bare fiber adaptors with the spring clamp accommodate up to 900 micron OD jacketed fiber. Bare fiber adaptors with the magnetic clamp accommodate 250 micron to 400 micron OD jacketed fiber. 900 micron OD tight buffer and custom jacket sizes are available.
Bare fiber adapters are used as the medium to link the bare optical fiber to fiber optic equipment. The bare fiber optic adapters have the bare optical fiber inside on one side; the other side of the adapter is a connector that can plug into the equipment. FiberStore supply SC, ST, LC, and FC bare fiber optic adaptor, they are used to quickly and easily terminate the fiber to the equipment.
- Easy to use
- Low cost
- Reusable and easy to clean
- Magnetic clamp applies no stress to the fiber
- Compatible with PM fiber (magnetic clamp version only)
- Variety of connector types (FC, SMA, LC, ST, SC, E2000)
- Variety of fiber sizes available
- 900 micron tight buffer versions available
- Temporarily connactorizes bare fiber
- Testing bare fiber, fiber on the reel, fiber before and after installation
- Production line of fiber optic devices
- For fast and temporary fiber optic connections in communication system
- Temporary connections to OTDRs, Power Meters, Talk sets, Demo Equipment and Dark Fiber